Day 3 also included the
Nauvoo pageant. It was amazing. Here is where they raise the temple. There were hundreds of cast members. It was amazing to watch and listen as they told the story of Old
Nauvoo.

Earlier in the day we had the chance to visit Carthage Jail. It was much different than I had imagined. The top window is the window Joseph Smith fell from.

It was a two story home. A family and their seven children lived there are the same time Joseph and
Hyrum were
martyred there.

While walking the streets of
Nauvoo we got caught in a rain storm. It was coming down pretty good. Sweet little Hailee was
drenched from head to toe. Through it all she didn't cry...she laughed. Gotta love that little girl.

When Benjamin arrived in Davenport he showed me that he
had a loose tooth. I tried to convince him to let me pull it. I tried to bribe him with money, lunch at Subway, Milky Way candy bars, almost anything he wanted...he said no. While we were walking the streets of
Nauvoo the following day he tells me my tooth just turned the other way. I said can I pull it...to which he replied no. We continued to walk another block in the rain when he lets go of my hand and says pull my tooth right here, right now. So I did. Then he kind of freaked out when he noticed the blood. Good thing mom had a diet coke to wash it down! The good news is the tooth fairy found him and brought him two king size Milky Way and a dollar. He was so excited. Not to mention he still loves me. So we had to take a picture so he could remember what happened when he lost his second tooth. Love you
Bubba!
No comments:
Post a Comment